Spine and Laser Center | Auto Injury
What You Should Know If You Have Been Involved In An Auto Accident
Did you know that one of the most stressful aspects of living in modern life is dealing with the problems that arise after an auto accident? Were you also aware that some auto accident injuries are hidden and are seldom detected for months or even years? As a result, two things can occur when an injury is not taken care of properly, or the accident victims settle their case with the insurance companies before getting evaluated from a Doctor trained in soft tissue injuries.
… This Could Be A Big Mistake.
Why? Because once you settle your case, you lose the right to have your insurance company pay for treatment if you need it. A good rule of thumb is to be informed of your rights and then make a decision. It is our position that if you were indeed injured, you should get the care you need to get you back to the way you felt and functioned just before the accident.
It is not the responsibility of the insurance company to pay for anything more than that. They are not responsible for pre-existing injuries; only the injuries sustained from the accident. Even if you are just sore, you should get checked out immediately because you may experience pain, numbness, headaches, muscle stiffness, fatigue, and other problems including arthritis many months down the road. Remember, nothing is more important than your health, especially when you start to lose it.
Here’s where the problem begins… Most people who suffer from an auto accident have one thing on their mind: their automobile!
Common questions include:
- “Who is going to fix my car?”
- “What will I drive in the mean time?”
- “Will my insurance rates go up?”
- “Who is going to pay for it?”
- And the last thing on their mind is: “Am I Really O.K.?”
Not only are auto accidents an inconvenience and a hassle, a common redundant complaint of auto accident victims is that they don’t feel like their normal selves. You may also be experiencing obvious pains and symptoms like muscle stiffness or spasm, neck pain, headaches, numbness and tingling, back pain, difficulty sleeping, irritability, memory loss, fatigue, difficulty concentrating and many other difficulties. Or worse than that, you may be injured and feel nothing at all.
Either way, did you know that auto accidents can cause post-traumatic osteoarthritis? Osteoarthritis can ruin your posture (giving you a slumped or hump back appearance). Osteoarthritis can cause the discs in your spine to degenerate and create scar tissue formation leading to chronic stiffness and the inability to move properly.
As a matter of fact…
- Most Doctors Are Not Trained In The Detection Of These Hidden Injuries…
- If you have been in an auto accident, you need a doctor who is trained in the biomechanics of the human body; someone who treats these injuries every day. In addition,x-rays can be taken to find out if there has been any structural damage. In our office, we evaluate auto accident victims and make any appropriate referrals to other health care providers if needed.
- Our primary responsibility is giving you the care if you need It, and submitting the required medical reports to the insurance company so your rights are protected.
If we can’t help you, we will refer you to a doctor or facility that can.
If you have been in an auto accident recently, there are some important decisions you have to make, and if I were you, I’d make these decisions very carefully.
In other words, the damage to the passengers is not necessarily directly related to the damage to the vehicle.
Using your medical coverage should not raise your premiums.
If your M.D. has given you pills, you must understand that pills do not correct structural or soft tissue damage. There are special therapies designed for that, and we offer these modalities at our office.